Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Ore no... KACHIDA!



So, I started Dead Space the other day. It's really good, I'm enjoying it. It reminds me of Resident Evil and a little bit of Tomb Raider at the same time. It's not really scary, it's more jumpy with horrible things running and jumping at you from several directions. You can't even blind fire shots into them either, the best way to kill them (without draining your ammo resources) is to shoot off their limbs, which I'll admit is kinda cool. I'm looking forward to Dead Space 2 now and the on-rail shooter. I bloody love on-rail shooters.



I've started watching Street Fighter II V which is absolutely fantastic. I'm almost enjoying it more than Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. Almost. It's just what Street Fighter is all about, Ryu and Ken (among others) travelling the world in search of a challenge. While there's a few things about it that annoy me, it's too entertaining for me to really care about (Ken is NOT a red head). And I got to see Ken's bum. That's always nice.

I went to the London MCM Expo last Saturday. It was pretty fun, met up with a few friends, hung out and bought some pretty things. Unfortunately, I didn't get to cosplay this time around, will make sure I do for the October one though. :3

Not got a camera available, so here's the best images I could find:




I picked the lovely Kyo Kusanagi up for £15. Seriously, those pictures do not do him any justice, he is GORGEOUS IRL. I really love him, he's my new favourite figurine. He's even got a removable flame attached to his hand. It's awesome.

I really couldn't believe it when I found him though. I spotted him tucked at the back behind the counter, otherwise I'm sure he would've sold straight away. The popular characters always go fast.

ORE NO... KACHIDA!


I also got an adorable Chun-Li for £8. (I swear there are no good pictures on the internets).


Box art



I got the pink varient of this Chun-Li. I don't think this version was ever released in blue. There's three pictures below her. The left one is the one I have (in pink), the middle one came in blue and the right one came in green. Same goes with Cammy. Good stuff.

This is my second Chun-Li figure now (WTF I don't even have a Ken or a Sakura yet?! D:), the other one was the new NECA ones and I picked that up in Gamestation for about £3. £3?!?!?!?!?! They were selling them at MCM for £20 (they usually go for around £10 though), bargin or what!


She's pretty scary but she's cute at the same time, so it's all good.

I also stopped by the Tecmo-Koei booth (and they ALWAYS sell their shit mega cheap) and picked up Sun Shang Xiang's Dynasty Warriors 6 weapon (the bow and arrow) and two character profile, Japanese art books (one was Dynasty Warriors 5 and the other Dynasty Warriors 6). The books were £5 and £7 respectively which was absolutely amazing. They were really pretty, hardbacked, A4, Japanese and had two pages for each character in the game (one page rendered models and character info, the other was a full page character art. Really pretty stuff), vehicle models, maps and tactics. So amazed at the price. If it were anywhere but Koei, they'd be about £30 each.


Second row, third one. Imma really have to find a camera to take pictures. The little weapon cost about £6/£7 If I remember right.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's all the shit I bought. Really wished I could've dressed up though, but alas. I'm surprised I didn't have a go on any of the games. WTF. Ended up just hanging around with people. I really wanted to try the new Samurai Shodown though. :<

Ah well, excited about the next one. Gonna get me a sewing machine! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment