Monday, 28 June 2010

WHAT IS A MAN?!


Both Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Castlevania: Harmony of Dispair are shaping up to be both completely awesome and yet so completely different. I'd say I'm more looking forward to Harmony of Dispair due to it's old style (well from Symphony onwards) look and the fact that some of my favourite characters are in it. I'm looking forward to playing as Alucard and Soma Cruz and here's hoping the unannounced character is Richter Belmont. Although, I can see it being either Simon or a completely new character instead.

I've never really been a fan of the 3D Castlevanias, they just played and felt too different from the 2D ones and the 2D Castlevanias were where the party's at. Although, I did enjoy Castlevania 64, but I was young and I enjoyed playing any game as a kid (so either my standards are now higher, or games really were better in that era. Ooor maybe that's just my nostalgia talking).



Is it bad that I know the whole beginning dialog to this and say it along with them? It's kinda like those people who've watched a film so many times they can say the lines along with the actors... yeah that is pretty bad then. :/

Writing this post has made me want to go do a speed run through Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I'll have to do that tonight. It's probably my most well known and played through game of all time. I'll see if I can do both a speedrun straight to the final boss (skipping all the unnecessary bits) and then a full 200.6% map completion. Posting results of course. I don't believe I've ever done a speed run before.




Anyway, enough of Castlevania. I received Tomb Raider: Saga of the Medusa Mask (graphic novel) in the post. Bought it for £2.75, free p&p. BARGIN! :D
I finished reading it through yesterday, it's a really good story arc, I love the Tomb Raider comics. It's just a shame the second series has been delayed when it was supposed to be out about 3/4 years ago. Also, only 4 graphic novels were made and they only went up to the comic #20. There were #50 comics altogether (not including one shots, crossovers, minis, etc), so I can either wait for the other graphic novels to come out (since the last one came out 7 years ago, it's unlikely unless the second series comes out), buy them all in individual comic books form (pricey, hard to locate them all and knowing me, I'd want a specific cover, so I'd have to wait until that one popped up) or I could get the Tomb Raider Compendium (would set me back around £150, but it contains all 50 comics so it seems like the best option).

I still need Merlin Stone or Mystic Artifacts (I have no idea why two graphic novels were created with the same comics contained in them. Who knows they could be different. Same happened to volume 3 aswell. Strange) which is volume 2. So, I'm slowly building up my comic book collection, it's not the greatest collection ever, due to me not having the money to expand it right now, but it's still a semi-decent size:


Most of my collection just seems to be the comic book adaptations of my favorite games. The Street Fighter comics are bloody amazing though.



And these are my comic books. Mainly Deadpool Team-up. I saw them in the comic book store one day and thought that they were a one off type thing. So I bought one. Then I kept finding more of them and bought them too, only to discover that they're coming out in graphic novel form anyway (should've guessed). I'd prefer to have them in graphic novel form but never mind. I didn't really like the Deadpool Team-up comics though, they weren't very good in my opinion. The Zapata Brothers one is pretty good as is the Ghost Riders one. U.S. ACE is decent and IT! The Living Colossus is bloody aweful. I've yet to actually read the Venom ones but they look pretty good.

No idea why I bought Wolverine & Deadpool, as they're just reprints of comics already released (Cable & Deadpool, Secret Invasion, etc). I'll be getting all the separate story arcs at some point anyway. The Marvel Heroes came free in a newspaper. Lol. Actually haven't read it yet either. The first half of it is a comic and the second half is games and puzzles for little children. What's not to love?!

No comments:

Post a Comment