Sunday, 19 June 2011

Hail to the King, Baby!

So, I finally finished Duke Nukem Forever yesterday. Overall verdict: a good game. The game really reminds me of Postal 2, another highly controversial yet enjoyable game, mixed in with a little of Half-Life but this was just my general feel of it.

I love Duke Nukem.

Here's the contents of the collector's edition which I splashed out for. Amazing, isn't it? Not really, but some of the stuff is pretty cool. I am pretty satisfied with it.

The poker chips and dice. These are pretty cute.

Seriously? They didn't even put Duke on the King card? What a missed opportunity. :(

I love this. It's so much more detailed than I thought it'd be. <3

Just what a Duke Nukem comic should be. Babes and Ass-Kicking.

Hail to the King, Baby!

The artbook. I love this, it's a lot like the one that comes with Mortal Kombat. There's loads of concept art, renders and commentaries on the creation of the game. It's awesome.

Duke Nukem papercraft. *squeeee!*

Limited edition! Awesome!
Number 44997 out of god knows how many (probably 50000). Not so awesome.


I'm disappointed the babes weren't in the game a whole lot (would've liked to have saved a fair few or something). But other than that the game is win. The mini games are fantastic (pinball, air hockey, etc) and the multiplayer reminds me so much of Unreal Tornament and Quake. Those were damn good multiplayer games. <3

Now to go back and finish Duke Nukem 3D. I'm ashamed to say I haven't yet completed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment